How Buying an ENERGY STAR Home Benefits Homebuyers
ENERGY STAR® Certified New Home
- Energy efficiency savings of up to 30% when compared to typical new homes.
- ENERGY STAR® homes deliver better quality, better comfort and better durability.
- A study by National Association of Home Buyers shows that mortgage default is 1/3 lower for energy efficient, ENERGY STAR® rated homes.
Energy Efficient Mortgage
An Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) credits a home’s energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. EEMs give borrowers the opportunity to finance cost-effective, energy-saving measures as part of a single mortgage and to stretch debt-to-income ratios on loans, allowing buyers to qualify for a larger loan amount.
- Allows a better debt-to-income ratio
- Home is at a higher market value
- Provides special considerations for veterans and first time home buyers