How Being an ENERGY STAR Partner Benefits Homebuilders
Builders working within the NH ENERGY STAR Homes program receive recognition for “building up” to the Version 3 ENERGY STAR level.
As ENERGY STAR partners, builders gain the following advantages:
- Market Differentiation and Recognition
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction
- Increased Revenue
- Program Flexibility
Other Benefits available to builders:
- Financial incentives for the buyer or builder from the NH ENERGY STAR New Homes program.
- Tax credits for builders building 50% above code. (The $2000 builders tax credit is enacted for 2016, only your HERS rating partner can provide the documentation, and only your tax advisor can verify your eligibility for this credit.)
- Additional home certifications such as the Indoor Air plus package and the Net Zero Energy Ready Home certification require ENERGY STAR Version 3 certification as a prerequisite.
- IECC 2009 and 2012 energy code compliance including Blower door testing and duct testing are often included in the ENERGY STAR for new homes certification.
- Professional reporting from nationally approved modeling software stating estimated projections of fuel consumption, greenhouse gas savings etc. of the finished home.
Becoming an ENERGY STAR builder partner:
- Provides a free partner locator listing on the ENERGY STAR web page so potential homebuyers can search for a qualified builder in their search area
- Fact sheets and sales packets
- Educational Resources and Webinars
- Awards and recognition
Visit this web page ENERGY STAR builder partner information for more information on the benefits of being an ENERGY STAR builder partner. Don’t forget to select Horizon RES NH LLC as your HERS rating partner.