Description of the ENERGY STAR for Homes Certification Process: PART 1 (OF 3): ENROLLMENT AND PLANS REVIEW
How to get the ENERGY STAR process going:
(click on the highlighted bars below for additional resources)
+ Step 1) Become an ENERGY STAR builder partner.
(1) The homebuilder or the homebuyer can become the builder partner. Here is a link to my step by step process to become an ESTAR builder partner:
(1) [Sign on as an ENERGY STAR Builder]
(2) Send Horizon RES email confirmation that you have become an ESTAR builder partner.
+ Step 2) Fill out the NH ENERGY STAR HOMES Program Enrollment Form. It is acceptable to all 4 NH electric utilities.
If you also have access to natural gas at the address, let Horizon Know. Either the home builder, or the home buyer can fill out the form.
+ Step 3) Fill out the Horizon RES Plans Review Information Form. (PRIF)
The Plans Review Information Form has been superseded by ENERGY STAR Homes Building Information request found on page 2 of the NH ENERGY STAR Homes program enrollment form. Fill out as much as you can. We can adjust to changes in strategies as we move forward, you’re not held to these inputs.
+ Step 4) Provide a set of building plans to Horizon RES.
Plans can be in paper form, or pdf. Plans should include:
(1) Plans view
(2) Exterior / Elevation view of all sides, including intended finish grade level.
(3) Section views, especially when vaulted or cathedral ceilings are present.
(4) Window and door schedules, rough opening sizes.
(5) Roof pitch indicators
(6) Direction / Orientation.
(7) Accurate scale or measurement markings.
+ Step 5) Review all 4 ENERGY STAR checklists and general notes, footnotes.
Builder partner should be familiar with:
(1) Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Design Report (Filled out and signed by HVAC equipment supplier, HVAC installer, builder)
(2) HVAC contractor commissioning checklist (Filled out and signed by credentialed HVAC contractor)
(3) Rater Design Review Checklist_Rater Field checklist(Filled out and signed by HERS rater – Horizon RES)
(4) Water Management System Builders Requirements checklist(Filled out and signed by ESTAR builder partner)
REVIEW: VARIOUS DOCUMENTS YOU’LL NEED TO PROVIDE PRIOR TO ANY PLANS REVIEW / INSPECTIONS:
Email confirmation from ESTAR that the homebuilder or the homebuyer have become an ESTAR builder partner.
NH ENERGY STAR enrollment form, including email address. Link above, under #2 pull down.
Preliminary construction information, pg. 2 of the ENERGY STAR Enrollment form
Provide a set of building plans.